Friday, September 17, 2010

Grad School Fair and Grad School

When I was starting out at B-W, I was a Business Administration major. After much thought, I decided I needed to be more specific in what I wanted my career to be and I chose Accounting. I chose Accounting for several reasons: I was interested in the 3/2 Program which allows me to get my Bachelor’s and Master’s in 5 years and also obtain 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA Exam. I actually apply this spring for the 3/2 program and am doing it because:


1. Grad school is a great for me to further my education;
a. I sometimes say… “Well, I have to go through more school, but essentially it is a 1-2 year investment with a high return.”

2. Grad school will help me increase my earning power once I enter the workforce
a. I can’t say no to that!

3. Grad school will increase my knowledge of my career field
a. Once I get out into the workforce I will want to perform at a high level and understanding my career field in-depth is a fast way to excel amongst my peers.

So now begins the process of applying…wish me luck!