Saturday, October 10, 2009

What do you want to do when you grow up?

I came to college thinking I knew exactly what I wanted my academic major to be; well, that changed my sophomore year. I actually picked up a second major. I discovered an interest in public relations, and decided to take PR courses to test that interest. Not only did I enjoy the classes, but I could picture myself working in the PR field. So, I am now a double major in Business and Public Relations. I have given myself the flexibility of two different career paths, therefore not limiting myself. Not only do these two majors complement each other but they can work hand in hand. I am glad that I discovered this passion for PR in time to take classes and declare it as a major. B-W students, don’t waste time trying to figure it out!!! Come to Career Services and take the DISCOVER assessment. It will allow you to explore career options that match your abilities, interests and values. This assessment will ask many varied questions. Based on your responses, it will provide results about careers that may align with your personality, passions, and much more. LET THIS CAREER TECHNOLOGY TOOL GUIDE YOU TO A PATH IN DISCOVERING WHAT YOU WANT TO DO AFTER GRADUATION AND WHAT YOU WANT TO LEARN DURING YOUR TIME HERE AT B-W. Utilizing Discover is an important step in your journey to career success.